Tuesday, February 13, 2007

12 Midnight & Those Wee Small Hours

Just 9 minutes before midnight, officially just 9 minutes away from Valentine's day, I was about to go to bed and was kicking back to some oldy greats; Ella Fitzgerald, Louis Armstrong, Billie Holiday and then winding down with some good old slow ones from ol' blue eyes.

Then this songs comes up; a really good one and it's actually one of my personal favorites. The first time I heard it was on the soundtrack of Sleepless In Seattle; loved that movie just as much. It was a remake though by.. hmmmm I'm not sure who it was, I can easily do a google on that later to find out, if it really bothers me too much to really make me find out. But I dunno, it could have been Carly Simon, doing this old Frank Sinatra tune.

It never fails to get me...

A lot of good memories, with friends, family... and well, a few of those "the one who got away stories".

And, its now exactly, 12midnight, other than the cliched and trivial lovey dovey valentines crap we see, may we instead look at this day a little differently, and remember all those we loved in our lives, those who have been in one way or another instrumental in shaping us into who we are today, and those who have helped get us get to where we are.

Happy Valentines!

Oh, I almost forgot... the song, you might be wondering. Find it below.

----------------

In the wee small hours of the morning
While the whole wide world is fast asleep
You lie awake and think about the girl
And never ever think of counting sheep

When your lonely heart has learned its lesson
Youd be hers if only she would call
In the wee small hours of the morning
Thats the time you miss her most of all

0 comments: